Thoughtfully designed and executed this remarkable residence takes its cues from nature and masterfully balances mountain home sentiments with contemporary sensibilities. The result is a fresh and organic design that feels perfectly at ease in its Midwestern foundation.
• Surrounded by 10 acres of mature pines and lush foliage,the exterior’s earthen color scheme echoes its backdrop while cedar, stone andsteel accents play up the home’s high-altitude design and illustrate how trulygreat craftsmanship can make all the difference.
• The most prominent stage, the great room, features 22-footceilings, soaring windows and a dramatic steel fireplace wrapped in stone,anchoring the main level and setting the tone for a sun-bathed interior thathonors its rustic scenery.
• A free-flowing design plan blends living, dining andkitchen zones, while a main-floor master suite, extra guest quarters, enclosedporch and open-air patio all emphasize great places to gather and great placesto retreat.
• Softening the home’s contemporary undertone, warm andnatural finishes like beautifully aged hickory floors, whitewashed wood plankwalls, playful ceiling insets and handcrafted custom cabinetry create a relaxedspace that feels both light and grounded.
• A playful lounge area serves as common space to thekid-friendly upper level and demonstrates space-maximizing design through asecret play nook tucked behind cabinetry.
• A generous media room, full-service kitchenette and customwine cellar encourage entertaining and family movie nights on the lower level,while an adjoining playroom and classroom offer a change of scenery for littleones.