At the annual Holiday Social you will learn more about what we’ve accomplished in 2016 and meet some of our amazing community partners.
Our HBA is unique because our members formed the HBA Foundation in 1988 and have been working with community partners to make an impact on the lives of those with special housing needs and supporting development of the next generation of housing industry professionals.
In 2016 alone, we:
- Constructed 27 wheelchair ramps and other critical repairs through Community Repair Days, a 25-year partnership with Home Repair Services and Disability Advocates. We’ve completed more than 600 projects to date through this amazing partnership!
- Shared residential construction career opportunities with 9,000 area students at MiCareerQuest, held annually at DeVos place and planned with ABC and ASSM.
- Raised almost $16,000 through Clay Shoot, our new annual “Hunt & Sport Night”, sponsored by Michigan Propane Gas Association and other amazing companies!
- Held one of the tiniest races in town, the 0.1K MicroRun sponsored by Northpointe Bank, and raised almost $2,000 for our longstanding grantees and partners, Habitat for Humanity of Kent County.
- Honored those who help carry out our mission and raised approximately $7,000 at the Home & Hearth Vegas Night and Awards Event, sponsored by EPS Security and other caring business owners!
- And more! It’s amazing what a group of caring and committed people can accomplish and we look forward to celebrating with you and sharing 2017 partnership opportunities.
Great food, craft beers and wine provided by our host, Standale Interiors. There is no cost to attend but we encourage you to come ready to make a donation to our Every Member Cares annual fund.
The HBA Foundation Holiday Social will take place on:
Tuesday, December 6th, 2016
4:30pm – 8:00pm
4046 Lake Michigan Dr NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49534
We hope to see you there!